08 December 2012

Thoughts: Urban Apartments

You may have noticed the title of my blog says "Suburban". There's a reason for that. I've been to a number of cities, both overseas and in the States, and I didn't like any of them. My impression was that they were noisy, dirty, crowded, the people were rude, and nobody knew how to drive. That was during the good times. I don't want to be anywhere near one in an emergency.
http://teotwawkiblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/considerations-for-urban-survivalist.html

However, some of my relatives choose to live in or on the outskirts of large cities. Don't ask me why.

This guy has put a lot of thought into prepping in a big city, and I think he has some good points to make, especially on avoiding detection and the danger of fire:

 
 
Selco over at SHTF school writes about the subject, too. He was trapped in one of the cities in the Balkans. I can't read too much of what he writes in one sitting, because I saw some of it too. There are some stories that don't improve with retelling.